Occasionally, some telephone company subscribers
experience service problems. These problems often have a
simple explanation (which is usually related to customer-owned equipment) and can be resolvedon your own. However, if you
have a problem that remains unresolved after following the few
simple troubleshooting steps outlined below, call ProInstall and
a repair technician will be able to address your problem.
If ProInstall makes a repair visit to your residence and finds no trouble with telephone company facilities, you will be charged the following Diagnostic Maintenance Fees:
|First 15 minutes spent on premise:
|Each additional 15 minutes spent on premise:
The most common problem reported by residential
customers is no dial tone (in which case callers to the
affected customer's telephone number receive a busy
signal.) The cause of this problem may be a receiver
off the hook, a cordless telephone with dead batteries,
a malfunctioning answering machine, or some
other difficulty with your telephone equipment,
including inside wiring.
If you have one telephone:
- Check to ensure the telephone receiver is on the hook.
- Unplug the phone.
- Call your telephone number from another phone. If you get a ringing signal, the telephone set likely needs to be repaired or replaced. If you get a busy signal, contact your telephone company repair service at 611.
If you have two or more telephones:
- Check to ensure all telephone receivers are on their hooks.
- Unplug telephone devices one at a time. (A telephone device may be a telephone, cordless telephone, answering machine, computer modem or fax machine.)
- After unplugging the first telephone device, wait for five minutes, then check the next telephone for dial tone. Continue to unplug the remaining telephone devices, one by one, waiting five minutes each time.
- If you have unplugged all telephone devices except for one and you still get no dial tone, unplug the last telephone, wait five minutes, then plug in the first telephone you unplugged.
- If you still have no dial tone, call your telephone company repair service at 611.
ProInstall employees carry identification cards bearing the company name and their signatures. Any person who claims to be an employee of ProInstall without this card should not be admitted to your residence. For verification of a ProInstall service technician's employment status, call Human Resources at 800-611-8830.